March 9, 2019, Bowl For Kids Sake, 50’s Theme!!
Inviting all you grease monkeys and beauty school dropouts to the “Happy Days” Bowl for Kids’ Sake!
Oh! what a night it will be…..when we get all shook up wearing blue suede shoes – saddle shoes acceptable too!
Three sessions of bowling, raffles, dancing, 50’s music and of course the delicious diner food at Prosperity Lanes in Grass Valley.
Come shake, rattle and roll!
Come join us for our signature Bowl For Kids’ Sake event! This is a bowl-a-thon and party to benefit at-risk children in our community. Support the cause and sign up to be a lane sponsor today!
This year we are celebrating in style
with a vintage Car and Motorcycle Show with our friends from the Roamin’ Angels and Sinbads Motorcycle Clubs…..
Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies across the country do this event to help support their valuable mentoring programs. In our own community, we will have over 250 of the most active, most fun, and most community-minded folks from Western Nevada County come and fill the lanes at Prosperity Lanes in Grass Valley in teams of three to five, for bowling, music, and friendly wagering… all in support of local at-risk kids.
Take a look at the photo gallery on our Facebook Page for some great shots from the event last year.
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2019
Time: 3:00 to 8:00 p.m. (bowling sessions start at 3:30 p.m., 5 p.m., and 6:30 p.m.)
Location: Prosperity Lanes, 420 Henderson Street, Grass Valley, CA
Want to support mentoring by participating in our Bowl For Kids’ Sake event? Then the information below will give you the details on how to get started!
Here’s what you need to do to get your teams ready:
- Select a Team Captain and put a team of 4-5 together. Or come as a single bowler.
- If you are the Team Captain: Please complete this sheet Team Sign up or new this year Eventbrite on line sign up and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact our office at 530-263-5156 or email@example.com as soon as possible to schedule a bowling session: 3:30-5 p.m., 5-6:30 p.m., or 6:30-8 p.m.
- Contact your friends and raise $100 per bowler !! That’s how much it costs to support a match every month!! Each bowler can collect pledges individually, or the team can choose to do so collectively!!! raise money the good old fashioned way pledge sheet or on line on peer to peer fundraising, the easiest and most effective way to way awareness and funds on Mighty Cause the template is already set up for you, prizes for the most money raised
- S50’s theme attire, Dress up and have fun for Kids’ Sake!
What is Bowl for Kids’ Sake?
Bowl For Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ signature fundraiser. Each year half a million people across America come together to have fun and raise money to support Big Brothers Big Sisters as we change how children grow up! Bowl For Kids’ Sake is the perfect way for individuals to make an impact on our community – it only takes a little bit of effort to raise the money that is vital to our program’s success.
As a “thank you” for your support and enthusiasm, Big Brothers Big Sisters host a celebratory party at your local bowling center. No bowling expertise is required, only the willingness to share in our heartfelt and sincere thanks for helping us transform our community.
Where does the money go?
Big Brothers Big Sisters depends on donations to conduct background checks on volunteers to ensure child safety; and provide ongoing support for children, families and volunteers to build and sustain long-lasting relationships.
Your role in this effort to help local children can not be over stated: We need your help to raise community awareness of the challenges faced by local children and to ask for the financial support need to help change the trajectory of a child’s life.
How can I get involved?
Step 1: Register your team! It’s easy to do online- just visit our map and enter your zip code to find a near by event. Can’t find an event near you? Consider becoming a virtual bowler.
Step 2: Set a team fundraising goal- AIM HIGH! We suggest $500, but some of our top team’s raise $2,500!
Step 3: Recruit 4 people to join your team. It could be friends, family, or co-workers. You’ve set an ambitious goal, so choose people who will help you exceed it!!
Step 4: Motivate your team to raise money Razoo for Big Brothers Big Sisters
– Share information about the impact of Big Brothers Big Sisters on your community
– Keep your team informed about incentive prizes, rules, games, contests, etc
– Communicate their success (Katie just got a $50 donation! Joel has already exceeded his goal of $200! Our team just surpassed the $1,000 mark!)
Step 5: Have Fun! Join us at the a local bowling center to celebrate your team’s success! Remember, it’s not about how good a bowler you are, it’s celebrating the impact the money your team collected will have on your community!
Step 6: Say THANK YOU! Thank your team members for their time and commitment to participate! Don’t forget to say thank you to the people who donated to you! Call or e-mail them after the event to let them know how much money your team raised and thank them for supporting local children!
2019 Sponsors: Sign up today!
Platinum Sponsor ($2500)
Gold Sponsors ($1000)
Welz Family Foundation
Silver Sponsors ($500)
Bronze Sponsors ($250)
Support those who support our community! These businesses and people do make a difference to our children, our future, and our community.