TOGETHER, THE FUTURE LOOKS BIG.
Potential lives within every kid. Yet, more than 8.5 million kids are still in need of someone who will stand in their corner. So, we’ve sharpened our focus. Reimagined how we do things. Modernized how we look and talk.
We are the new Big Brothers Big Sisters. We are here to defend every kid’s potential. We are ready to build the biggest possible future, together.
Our agency has a new look, check out the video…
Bowl for Kids Sake – 50’s theme
March 9, 2019
Inviting all you grease monkeys and beauty school dropouts to the “Happy Days” Bowl for Kids’ Sake! Be a sponsor
- Select a Team Captain and put a team of 4-5 together. Or come as a single bowler.
- If you are the Team Captain: Please complete this sheet Team Sign up or new this year Eventbrite on line sign up and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact our office at 530-263-5156 or email@example.com as soon as possible to schedule a bowling session: 3:30-5 p.m., 5-6:30 p.m., or 6:30-8 p.m.
- Contact your friends and raise $100 per bowler !! That’s how much it costs to support a match every month!! Each bowler can collect pledges individually, or the team can choose to do so collectively!!! raise money the good old fashioned way pledge sheet or on line on peer to peer fundraising, the easiest and most effective way to way awareness and funds on Mighty Cause the template is already set up for you, prizes for the most money raised
- S50’s theme attire, Dress up and have fun for Kids’ Sake!
Other Events Coming Soon
Truckee Tahoe Airshow July 13, 2019
Tahoe Nalu Paddle Board Festival Aug 10-11, 2019
Miles for Mentoring and Cornhole Tournament @ the Truckee Tahoe Airport September 14, 2019
16th Annual Truckee Downtown Wine Walk and Shop Oct 5, 2019
Be a part of something BIG!
Provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
All children achieve success in life.
By partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers, and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
The impact of mentoring
We at Big Brothers Big Sisters have so much to be thankful for: our community, our Bigs and our DONORS! It takes a community to help kids feel safe and secure; helping them feel a part of our community and giving them a sense of belonging. You help give that sense of belonging when you support the mentoring programs of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
It costs $100 a month to maintain one match, so a monthly donation of any amount helps to support the work of mentoring in our community. And making donations through our PayPal account is easy and secure.
Quotes from the children we serve:
“My Big Brother really listens to me”
“I get to do stuff that I never did before”
“My Big just makes me feel better when I’m around him”
These are just a few of the comments our staff receive from our Little Brothers, Little Sisters and Little Pals.
60% of the children we serve come from single parent households, whether through divorce, a death of a parent or due to incarceration or abuse. It can be heartbreaking.
Match Advantage Program
Thank you Woodward Tahoe for your partnership in giving our matches two-for-one admissions. What a great way to spend some time together. Check it out www.woodwardtahoe.com
If you are local business that would like to participate in our match advantage program, download this form to give our matches a discount at your business. Thank you for giving back!
Thank you to our major sponsors